02. 21. 2014

anthropologie burgundy rancher, polka dot popover, phillip lim for target bag, sam edelman leopard booties anthropologie burgundy rancher, polka dot popover, phillip lim for target bag, sam edelman leopard booties anthropologie burgundy rancher, polka dot popover, phillip lim for target bag, sam edelman leopard booties anthropologie burgundy rancher, polka dot popover, phillip lim for target bag, sam edelman leopard booties anthropologie burgundy rancher, polka dot popover, phillip lim for target bag, sam edelman leopard booties anthropologie burgundy rancher, polka dot popover, phillip lim for target bag, sam edelman leopard booties

“I don’t really like talking about my flare.”

Office Space fans? Anyone? It’s late and I can’t think of anything funny to say so I figured I’d just quote a funny movie. Jennifer Aniston was talking about “flair,” not “flare” but…close enough.

I practically forgot that flared jeans were even a thing, but according to bottom of my closet, they were. Even though skinny jeans seem to have taken over, I don’t think flares will ever really be outdated. And even if they are, we’ll just say they’re retro. Problem solved.

Boots // similar Hat // Shirt (on sale) // similar Necklace (on sale) // similar Bag (on sale) // Lips “Crush”

11 Responses to “Flare”

1. Susie says:

I absolutely adore this outfit! The polkadots are such a good touch. The contrast between shoes and top are such a head turner and in a GOOD WAY! Perfection, can’t fault it at all.

2. Susie says:

Oh and as for the flare jeans – I’ve noticed these are a huge staple of Kyle Richards wardrobe on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills – so they definitely are a staple and good to pull out a few times every season!

3. mtsedwards says:

Ha! I unearthed my bootcuts the other day as well. I love me my skinnies but the bread and butter of my denim collection will always be a good flared jean. Maybe we can start their comeback?

P.S. I love these outdoor shots by the post. The lighting is fantastic and all your colors pop!

M @ http://www.myclosetcatalogue.com

4. sonjadurand says:

Ha ha my hubby and I just watched it last night, I thought I just had heard that sentence:)

5. Lindsay says:

Your polka dot shirt is so cute. Lovely photos.

Pinkandnavystripes.com

6. elissaurban says:

hahaha! Love it. “Problem solved.” Flare jeans are making a HUGE comeback this spring and I’m way too excited. This outfit is too too cute!

urbanstile.com

7. Rachael says:

LOVE the shoes!!!

8. The flares look great on you, and yes I totally caught that Office Space quote. Now if everyone would just stop taking my stapler….

XxMO
    madame-ostrich.com

9. Rebecca says:

Skinny jeans aren’t my thing. Your pieces of flair are wonderful.

10. Oh, I love this outfit. The combo of red hat and polka dot shirt is stunning!

11. AJ says:

O yes, I forgot about that Office Space scene! Its a good one. You could transport back to the 70s with the hat and the jeans…but its so refreshing to see some non-skinny jeans!

-AJ