09. 02. 2013
I’m usually not one to buy souvenir t-shirts when I’m on vacation, but I made an exception for this cute shirt from the High Line (if you don’t remember what that is, check this post).
I think the reason I don’t get souvenir tees is that every other boringly dressed person wears that kind of shirt with jeans and calls it a day. But – since it’s me – I had to find a cute way to wear mine. I came up with some souvenir tee-wearing guidelines along the way:
- Unless you’re just going to wear it as PJs, get a shirt that actually fits you. If you’re petite like me, check for kids’ shirts.
- Pair it with a bottom that’s not your typical jeans or shorts. Try something unexpected like a mini skirt or patterned cropped pants.
- Put a cute jacket over it. It will cover up part of the t-shirt’s message and make it more mysterious 😉
- Take the time to do your hair and put on lipstick. That makes what you’re wearing more of an outfit and not just something you threw on to go grocery shopping.
- One tip I didn’t try in this outfit: Pair your tee with bold statement accessories. See this other blogger’s look for inspiration!
- Another idea I might try next time I wear this shirt: layer it over a dress and maybe even belt it or knot it…sort of like I did with a plain t-shirt here and here.
If you have any other tips for wearing souvenir shirts, leave me a comment! And for more of my “How to Wear” series, click here!
Shirt // similar Jacket // similar Skirt // Sunglasses (on sale) // Bag // Lips “Plushest Punch”
And now a walk down memory lane with my striped skirt. It’s the remix…