01. 29. 2013

Do you wear clothes? If so, you’ll want to listen up.

I had an idea recently for a wardrobe remix challenge, and I want to share it with all you lovely people. I had been thinking of doing the 30×30 Remix challenge made popular by blogger Kendi of Kendi Everyday. BUT being the overachiever that I am, I thought it would be even more fun to come up with my own remix challenge. And I thought of one. You ready? It’s called:

The Take One, Pass it On Outfit Remix

Here’s how it works:

This remix can be done for any length of time you like: a week, a month, or more. The best part is that there’s no prep work of picking out a bunch of stuff before you start (which is the main reason I never got around to trying 30×30).

On day one, you pick out an outfit just like you normally would.

The next day, take one item from the first day’s outfit and mix it into a new outfit. Obviously, underwear doesn’t count (plus that’s gross), and neither does something like your wedding ring or your jeans that you wear 3 times a week anyway. But it could be a shirt, a dress, a belt, a necklace…whatever!

You can see where this is going…On day three, you would take a different item from the previous day’s outfit and wear it again in a different way. And so on and so on.

I’ll be doing the Take One, Pass it On Outfit Remix for the month of February!

Join the fun:

I don’t want to try this all on my own…everything is more fun with buddies. Except Solitaire.

Are you a style blogger? Try my remix challenge (for all or part of February) and document your outfits on your blog! Be sure to link back here in your posts so I can see how it’s going for you (and so others can join in too)! Tell me if you do a summary post at the end, and I will post your link on Sarah’s Real Life.

Not a style blogger? Try it anyway! You’ve got to get dressed, right? If you want, tell me how the remix works for you by chiming on Facebook.

50 responses to “A Wardrobe Remix Challenge!”

1. Andrea says:

This is a GREAT idea, Sarah. I think I’ll try this for a week and see how it goes. I’ll let you know! Hmm now I need to decide when to start.
    ~Andrea

2. Mary says:

Great idea! I’m still starting out as a blogger and this sounds like such a fun way to get the ball rolling on my ‘style category’!

3. ashleigh says:

That sounds do-able. I’ve never tried Kendi’s because I honestly never wanted to put in the work, though I did try the working closet series. I may give it a try!

4. Carrie says:

Great idea! My blog posts for February will focus on wearing all the stuff that sits in my closet most of the time, so this will be a fun twist. I would definitely like to try it for at least a week!

5. Ooohhh… I like it! That challenge will definitely brighten up a cold week of winter. I’m going to start on Monday.

6. I wanted to do the 30×30 challenge but I can not document everyday in pictures. I also thought of another alternatives, and like yours.

7. Rebecca says:

I love it! I’m excited to be remixing in general, trying to adjust to my body changes anyway!!

8. I LOVE THIS IDEA. I was going to do 30×30 in Feb but perhaps I’d be better at this. I hadn’t gotten around to my reader this week yet so thanks for letting me know!

9. Not sure I can do it for a whole month, but I’d be in for a week during the month of February!

10. Oh, this sounds great. And hard. I don’t know that I could do it for a full month either, but I’d certainly like to try at least a week. I think I could do a month if I planned it all out, but I’m not that organized!

11. shopandtwirl says:

I like this idea way better than a 30×30! I’ve always wanted to do a remix but I could never figure out the logistics because my work wardrobe (super conservative) is completely different than my weekend wear. I think this would work much better for me! Great idea!

12. Alyssa W. says:

Now that sounds like a really fun remix challenge! I look forward to your results!!

13. kittehluvs says:

Love the idea… might have to do this too;)

14. Franziska says:

I think I’m going to participate in this – it sounds like a great idea! Like I said on AJ’s blog, a 30×30 doesn’t work as great for me because I’m already so limited but this I could do.

15. crazystylelove says:

What an awesome idea Sarah! I like this way more than a 30×30 because I think I would get bored having to wear the same clothing for a month. This is so much better because I often want to wear the same piece in a few different ways but this still give me a lot of creative and style freedom! Great idea!

xo Jenny

• I’m so glad you like the idea! I think you would have fun with this because you have so many awesome and unique pieces, and this would let you enjoy them for two days in a row!

16. Andi says:

Love this idea! I might have to jump in and play along! I’m a little nervous about wearing the same “statement” piece 2 days in a row, though. My co-workers might notice if I wear my red jeans twice in one week!

17. Love this idea lady! You are so creative, and this is something I could actually do!
    xx

18. Naomie says:

Definitely gonna do this! I’ve been feeling kinda uninspired and blah recently so this came right at the perfect time! I love that it doesn’t take as much planning ahead as something like the 30×30 🙂 Great idea!

19. Love this idea! Only caveat? Starting out with clean clothes! 😉 I’m totally thinking about trying it for a week and see how it goes. I like the low-pressure-stakes of this challenge.

• So true about the clean clothes! I wore a shirt on Saturday and thought it would be a good item to repeat Monday, except that I realized it had kind of reached its max # of wears before it started smelling not-so-fresh. Mmm hmm. Sexy.

20. Alex says:

I think I might try this out! This is such an awesome and fun idea!

21. Jessy says:

LOVE this idea! I’ve done two monthly fashion challenges and was looking for another! One was a month of not repeating anything,including shoes and jewelry (Aug 2012) and this January was a different scarf each day. I think I’ll join you in this challenge! Thanks for the inspiration!

22. Jaime Lopez says:

Hi Sarah! Thank you for inviting me to join your Wardrobe Remix Challenge. I am going to accept your challenge and run it Feb 18 – 24. I will post about it on my blog and link back to your site. Sounds like fun so wish me luck… and good luck to you too!

– Jaime

23. […] week I’m linking up with Sarah’s Real Life for a fun challenge: Take One, Pass it […]

24. Rebecca says:

Love it! I didn’t get a chance to try it until starting today, but count me in!

25. Kate says:

I found out about this last night and am so glad I did (even though I’ll only be doing a variation of it). What a fantastic idea! Major props to you for coming up with it 🙂

26. Kathrin says:

I would love to try this!! I think it would be fun!! Here from Here & Now.

27. […] something red and/or pink all week. And second, I’m going to try out a new challenge, “Take One, Pass It On,” started by Sarah’s Real Life. As an alternative to the 30×30 challenge (30 items […]

28. Kathrin says:

Here’s my attempt at this challenge…sorry it’s a little long of a post but I’m combining it with a series I already do.

29. miss donna says:

i found out about TOPIO via Scorching Style’s participation. although i haven’t officially joined the challenge, it’s something i do when planning what to wear. i’m helping to spread the word! happy to have found your blog as a result.

30. […] everyone who guessed the necklace in yesterday’s post as my Take One and Pass It On item, you win!  Not sure what you win.  Bragging rights, maybe?  Anyway, yes, I chose to wear […]

31. Kim says:

I just found your blog and love it!! I started take one pass it on today. Better late than never! I love your idea and creativity!

32. Kimberly Ann says:

I fell in love with your blog the minute I saw it! I tried our your Take one, pass it on challenge and I loved it!!! It was such a fun way to rewear items in my closet! Check out my summary

• That’s so great! I’m already thinking about doing it again in May. Your outfits are all great, but I especially like the ones with the striped blazer toward the end. I shared your link on Twitter!

33. […] one surprised me, gotta be honest. The post definitely benefited from being part of the “Take One, Pass It On,” started by Sarah’s Real Life, and from inspiring Erin @ Loop Looks to remix her own […]