01. 07. 2013

eiteljorg1

eiteljorg2 eiteljorg3 eiteljorg4 eiteljorg5

I didn’t mean for this outfit to be so J. Crew heavy, but it happens sometimes and I’m not mad about it.

I wore this for another museum date, this time to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art. I’ve been living in Indianapolis for more than 3 years, and I still hadn’t been there until this weekend. I found out recently that students at my university get in for free, so I really had no excuse not to go.

Plus, you might have already guessed this because of my dark complexion and affinity for spear fishing, but I am 1/16 Native American. I love any excuse to learn more about “my people”! The exhibits were really interesting, although I was a tad disappointed that there weren’t many artifacts from the Cherokee (which is the tribe that my great-great-grandmother was a member of).

Still, the museum was really great and I’ll definitely go back. In the photo below, you’ll see a few snapshots of my favorite things at the Eiteljorg, including some interactive basket weaving. Clearly it comes naturally to me because of my heritage.

eiteljorgcollage

eiteljorg6

Sweater: J. Crew Factory (on sale!)

Scarf: Target, old (similar)

Skirt: Webster for Target, old (similar)

Tights: Simply Vera, old (similar)

Shoes: J. Crew

Bracelets: J. Crew, Stephan & Co.

Coat: Tulle, old (similar)

12 Responses to “Me and My Crew”

1. cait & val says:

<3 the crew!!! also that jacket you're wearing!!!

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

2. Cammie says:

Great look! love the color of your sweater :)

x Cammie

3. shopandtwirl says:

OMG those flats are the cutest! The gold heel is so adorable. I will be stalking those for when they go on sale!

4. The shoes are fantastic. I also love your tights – good texture on tights is awesome.

5. Stephanie says:

Love the outfit!!! Somehow a lot of my outfits end up being J.Crew heavy too (no shame)!! You look gorgeous!

PS. I’d love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

-Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

6. Giovanna says:

Cute look! Loving your skirt and tights! The color of your tights is great!

xx
    Giovanna

7. soanthro says:

Love love love your outfit, that mint is so pretty on you! I was in Arizona last week and went to a Native American museum there as well, so beautiful and interesting aren’t they?
    xx, Emily

8. I stinkin’ love this outfit!! One of my “Sarah’s real life” favorites!! :)

9. Glad I’m not the only one drinkin the ‘crewlade! Of course I love this look!