07. 19. 2012
Today I finally went back to work (for most of the day)! I still don’t feel 100%, but sometimes the best way to get back to normal is to go about your real life as best as possible. It also doesn’t hurt to pep yourself up with a happy outfit. I didn’t go to my closet with the intention of dressing like a delicious frozen dessert, but I walked out looking like a Creamsicle nevertheless. Except for craving an orange treat all day, I don’t regret my color decision at all! I think I might start taking outfit inspiration from food more often.
Oh, and let us not forget the positive power of a perky manicure (I’m very into alliteration at the moment). The silver lining to my days of rehabilitation is that I had lots of spare time to entertain myself. Most of that time was spent watching DVDs and Netflix, but once I felt like sitting up, I got creative with the polish.
If you don’t already know how to do a polka dot manicure thanks to Pinterest, it’s really not hard:
- I started with 2 coats of a bright coral, Essie Tart Deco. I let it dry for several minutes.
- I used the thicker, flat end of a toothpick to apply hot pink dots (OPI always has good pinks). Instead of dipping directly into the bottle, I dabbed the toothpick on the nail polish brush. You don’t want too much polish on the toothpick because then you’ll end up with a big blob on your nail. You should be able to make 2 or 3 dots before you dab the brush again. I personally think it looks good when the dots aren’t all a uniform size. Just make it look random.
- I let the pink dots dry for a couple minutes.
- Using a new toothpick, I applied the white dots. If you do white, make sure it is opaque, like the kind of white you use for French tips. I used Sally Hansen White Out. I tried to ignore the pink dots when I did the white ones, so some of the dots overlap. Again, I think it looks better when it’s random and speckled-looking.
- After letting the white dots dry for a couple minutes, I used a quick-drying top coat to seal the deal! Essie Good to Go really does set the polish super fast. I highly recommend.
Necklace was purchased recently at Charming Charlie.